Monday, January 10, 2011

Where's my camera when I need it?

Back in the apartment, on my bed, with a dead battery.
I guess that's one way to get someone to start sketching, right?



I don't know where to begin. How do I tell you everything that happened since I first made this blog? Even if I tried to keep things in bullet points, there aren't enough words for me to describe how amazing it is to experience Rome. You really do have to see it for yourself. Everything we've learned about in class, we're seeing in person. You turn a corner, walk down a street, and all of a sudden you've stumbled upon a piazza and you find the Pantheon.

We walked inside during our studio orientation and introduction to Campo de Fiori and the surrounding areas. I stood beneath the Oculus and got chills when I saw a bird flying overhead. I want to go back and see the sunrise; the sunset; a pillar of rain; or even just fast clouds.

Chiesa di Sant'Ivo alla Sapienza.
Santa Maria della Pace.
Piazza Navona.
Area Sacra.
Castel Sant'Angelo.
Il Vaticano.
Basilica di Santa Cecilia, not 2 minutes away from where I'm staying....


The semester's barely begun. :)

It's like an average of 60 degrees Fahrenheit over here, every day. Meanwhile, I'm just now learning about a snowstorm that's travelling up the east coast back at home.
I forget that it's January.

1 comment:

  1. Have an amazing time and see everything you can! Get to the catacombs when you can, they are pretty interesting. Italy is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete