Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sibelius in Studio

Jean Sibelius was a Finnish composer of the Romantic period and I should probably listen to more classical Italian music while I'm in Rome. but I've loved his Symphony No. 2 ever since I heard it performed at the Kimmel Center. Its final movement is so beautiful. I've been listening to it on repeat for the past few days as I continue to work on producing Project One for the final presentation on Wednesday, which is........ tomorrow.

Oh crap.


So I have Italian class today, then a little break before Sketching begins.
After that, it's crunch time. Forever.
When "forever" is over, I'll be sure to update again with more info about what we're doing outside of studio... and my favorite class (History/Theory -- strange, you'd think Sketching is my favorite. But there's something to be said about adding the sense of touch and smell to a history lesson).



For now... I think you should check out Sibelius. :)
Below is the beginning of the first movement. Here's the link for the playlist of the entire composition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGpCjsxBAEI&playnext=1&list=PL1B6B92495802E4AA&index=26



No comments:

Post a Comment