Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A single heartbeat.

If a blog wasn't required of me this semester, I would have one anyway.


These past months have been the kind that I simply couldn't pass up documenting. There's just too much to remember; to me, this is a futile attempt to keep everything. It won't happen, no matter how much I write. I could take all the volcanic ash from Mount Vesuvius that I can hold in my bag; I could keep every single paper that I've ever used this semester; I could take videos every day of sitting in studio, talking with the old man in the courtyard, or walking around the musical streets of the city. But it's impossible for me to share with you all the memories I've added to the library in my mind that makes me who I am and who I've become.

Also, that would make a hoarder out of me ---




But really,
I can honestly say that choosing to study abroad has been the best decision I've ever made throughout all of my years in school. From travelling every three weeks, going places I wouldn't be able to visit even if I travelled on my own or with a group of friends, and learning about everything we see rather than looking around with the vision of camera-lens tourists, I've taken much more out of this semester than I ever have before.

If you're in the same place I was last year (you've been ranked in the top 20 and, after thinking about costs, you're on the fence about going through with this and so you're reading other students' blogs to see how their experiences were)..... do it. Don't doubt yourself. Do it. It's worth more than I could tell you. If I could live this semester again, I would do it in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment